Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Beauty of Libya........


THE LIBYAN DESERT...
The Beauty of Libya...........

In writing this book and doing research for it, I found so many beautiful places that I had not seen when I lived in Libya, and many places I didn't even know existed.  It was not easy in those days for a woman from a traditional Libyan family to go around exploring.  Apparently, driving around town shopping was considered quite a lot already. 
In any case, I so regret not having seen more, or knowing more of the country I loved.  Unfortunately, we were all too preoccupied with day to day living under the shadow of a mad man. 
However, driving from city to town, to village and back and forth, I was mesmerized by the beauty of the desert.  Coming from the lushness of Florida, the Libyan desert was surreal and infinite. Beautiful beyond words, yet forboding at the same time. Just like Libya, beautiful, but going through growing pains.
If only the people who united to bring him down could unite once again to build the country up, Libya would not only be beautiful but has the potential to be one of the best countries in the Arab world and Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment